Featured Presenters: Lynnie Shore
Lynnie Shore R. N. is the Immunization Program Coordinator for the Washoe County Health District. Before her current position she was the Influenza Coordinator. She is the current vice chair on the Executive Board of the Northern Nevada Immunization Coalition, outgoing chair of the Adult, Partners Promoting Flu Immunizations and the Rotary Family Flu Shot Day committees. She has co-chaired the county’s annual operational flu-scale Point of Dispensing (POD) exercise since 2007. These efforts contributed to Washoe County being awarded the National Association of Counties (NACo) “Achievement Award” for Washoe County’s 2007 POD exercise (operational full-scale). In 2008 she received the Northern Nevada Nurses of Achievement award in Community Health Nursing. She assisted with the planning, coordination and implementation of PODs during the Novel 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic providing flu vaccinations to the public at various locations in Washoe County.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Identify what seasonal influenza consists of and the what the influenza recommendations are for the 2011-2012 season
- Determine influenza myths and how to talk to and educate patients about influenza
- Understand the burden of seasonal influenza in the US
- Identify the different types of influenza vaccines licensed in the US
- Obtain multiple influenza resources
For questions or more info, contact Emily at 775-770-6704 or [email protected].