2013 California Immunization Coalition Summit
Reaching Immunization Equity
April 14-15, 2013
Doubletree by Hilton
Los Angeles, California
Please join us in Los Angeles for the 2013 California Immunization Coalition Summit – Reaching Immunization Equity. The Summit to be held April 14-15 will feature speakers, expert panels, workshops and important opportunities for discussion with leaders in immunization and healthcare advocacy in California and beyond.
Our objectives for this year’s Summit are to identify under-immunized populations in California, identify key data sources and understand their limitations and strengths in persuading decision-makers, the public and other audiences, strengthen partnerships to promote immunizations and decrease inequity across populations, and describe ways to adapt successful practices for immunizing underserved populations to local population and program needs.
Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, educators, immunization stakeholders, advocates, and other providers from public and private sector health organizations interested in learning more about current immunization issues, strategies, and activities are invited to attend.
The opening workshop on Sunday, April 14 will feature a discussion on the issues around vaccine confidence in our state and across the country and what we need to do as advocates and healthcare practitioners to positively change the direction of the conversation around vaccines. We will also discuss the passage and implementation of the new California Personal Belief Exemption Information Requirement, AB 2109, which willtake effect in January 2014. So – get your taxes done early and get down to Los Angeles to join us on Sunday!
- Early registration ends this Friday, February 15th – Don’t delay! Register on-line by going to
- Draft agenda is here.
- Reserve your room at the Los Angeles Doubletree by Hilton Hotel- Deadline to receive special Summit rate of $125 per night is March 14, 2013. 24 hour reservation line is 800-222-8733. Group Code: CIC or reserve your hotel room online.
- Nominate an Immunization Champion! Deadline to receive your nomination forms: February 13, 2013. Go to www.immunizeca.org/about/cic-awards for information and simple forms to nominate your recommendation for the 2013 recipients of the Natalie J. Smith, MD, Immunization Champion Award and Ronald P. Bangasser, MD, Immunization Leadership Award
CIC is pleased to announce our featured speakers for this year’s event:
Litjen (L.J.) Tan, MS, PhD
Chief Strategy Officer
Immunization Action Coalition
Anthony Iton, MD, JD, MPH
Senior Vice President for Healthy Communities at
The California Endowment
Ginny Heller, MSW
Program Manager for the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington, a project of WithinReach Washington and VAX Northwest
Workshops topics will include:
- Identifying data gaps and economic consequences
- Successful partnerships to improve flu and pneumococcal vaccine coverage
- Proven training techniques for variety of audiences
CIC has applied for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit for this event with joint sponsorship from PAC-LAC.
To learn more about the Summit and keep up with the latest information, please go to www.immunizeca.org. We look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles!