The National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) in collaboration with the CDC, has developed a communication toolkit to highlight the importance of immunizations across the lifespan during the month of August. NPHIC is sharing this toolkit with the public health community and encourages everyone to use the social media messages, articles, and fact sheets within your communications to build heightened awareness among our public health communicators, healthcare providers and the public. Go to www.nphic.org/niam to download the kit and web banners today!
We want to use the month of August to create broad awareness about the fact that although immunizations have significantly reduced the incidence of many serious and potentially deadly infectious diseases, vaccination rates for some diseases are lagging behind national public health goals.
Key Messages include:
- Vaccines are an important step in protecting against serious, and sometimes deadly, diseases.
- Vaccines are recommended throughout our lives.
- A strong provider recommendation is one of the best ways to ensure patients get the vaccinations they need when they need them!
The toolkit was designed to help public information officers, immunization program managers, Coalition leaders and others in the public health community to share important facts about immunizations. The toolkit highlights a different population each week of the month:
- Week 1: Off to college (young adults)
- Week 2: Back to school (children
- Week 3: Not just for kids (adults)
- Week 4: A healthy start (babies and pregnant women)
Go to www.nphic.org/niam to download toolkit sections and start planning today. If you would like to be listed as a partner in this effort on the NIAM website, please send a note to [email protected]. If you have any additional questions, send an email to [email protected] and we will follow up with you.