September 27th- 28th, 2011
Download a copy of the conference brochure
The Immunization Action Coalition of Washington is hosting the Epidemiology & Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Conference presented by immunization experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Register today to attend the event!
Target Audience: Physicians, nurses, nursing students, medical assistants, pharmacists, and other health professionals who provide immunizations.
Objectives: At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following:
- Describe the difference between active and passive immunity.
- List two characteristics of live attenuated vaccines.
- List two characteristics of inactivated vaccines.
- For each vaccine-preventable disease, identify those for whom routine immunization is recommended.
- For each vaccine-preventable disease, describe characteristics of the vaccine used to prevent the disease.
- Describe an emerging immunization issue.
Continuing education credits will be availabe. For more information about the conference and to register please visit IACW.