NILE Webinar: Pharmacists’ Role within the “Immunization Neighborhood”
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. (PST)
Immunize Nevada is pleased to host this training via a toll-free web-conference. This program offers one free nursing or pharmaceutical CEU credit (CEU credit requires completion of the pre and post-test).
This presentation will discuss the purpose of the immunization neighborhood, the role of the pharmacists, and collaboration between pharmacists and other stakeholders within the neighborhood. The immunization neighborhood is supported by collaboration, coordination, and communication among immunization stakeholders dedicated to meeting the immunization needs of the patient and protecting the community from vaccine-preventable diseases. The webinar will also describe the key elements of the new National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC) Adult Immunization Standards and how providers can implement those standards.
Learning Objectives Include:
1. Explain the purpose of the immunization neighborhood and the role of pharmacists within the neighborhood.
2. Describe the components necessary to effectively implement the immunization neighborhood.
3. Discuss examples of how pharmacists can contribute to the overall goals of the immunization neighborhood, including collaboration with physicians and public health to meet adult immunization goals.
4. Discuss the key elements of the Adult Immunization Standards and how pharmacists and other immunization stakeholders can meet those standards
5. Identify immunization quality measurement needs and discuss how pharmacists can assist in meeting those measures.
Featured Presenter: Mitchel C. Rothholz, RPh, MBA
Mr. Rothholz is a pharmacist currently serving as Chief Strategy Officer for the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) in Washington D.C., and as faculty on APhA’s Immunization Certification Training program. In addition, he serves on the Joint Commission of Pharmacy Practitioners, the HHS National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC), the Leadership Steering Committee of the National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit (NAIIS), and the Advisory Board of the Immunization Action Coalition.
Mitchel earned a pharmacy degree from the University of Florida and a MBA in Healthcare Management from Regis University. He is a nationally recognized expert on Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery and has made presentations to public policy makers and the media on pharmacy-based immunizations and advances in pharmacy practice.
**Please note: You may receive multiple e-mail reminders regarding the NILE webinar, however, you only need to register for the webinar once. You will know you are registered for the presentation by the confirmation e-mail that is sent you your e-mail immediately following the registration process.