WithinReach, in partnership with Cardea and the Washington State Department of Health is excited to announce a new, continuing education course You Are the Key to HPV Cancer Prevention. This free, hour-long HPV vaccine provider education course is designed for physicians, pharmacists, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, and other staff who work with children, adolescents and their parents in primary care settings.
Provider-Focused Distance Learning Course
Research shows that clinicians underestimate the value parents place on the HPV vaccine and that one of the top 5 reasons cited by parents for not vaccinating is because the vaccine was not recommended. This course helps providers frame the HPV vaccine conversation, encourages providers to make a strong vaccination recommendation and offers responses for the most common concerns and questions held by parents. Earn credit for free and learn tips for recommending the HPV vaccine to children, adolescents and their parents!
For more information please see the flyer here: http://www.cardeaservices.org/documents/elearning/HPV_course_flyer.pdf
Register for the free course @ http://www.cardeaservices.org/resourcecenter/you-are-the-key-to-hpv-cancer-prevention
Join Us to Learn About Health Literacy!
Only 12% of the US adult population are proficient in health literacy – learn how to communicate your messages to the other 88%.Register today for IHA’s 14th Annual Health Literacy Conference on May 6-8, 2015 in Southern California. Earn 21 continuing education credits, network and make in impact with tools you will learn. For details and to register please visit www.iha4health.org.
The Pink Book Training is a live, two-day comprehensive review of immunization principles, as well as vaccine-preventable diseases and the recommended vaccines to prevent them. The course will feature the most up-to-date immunization information from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) presented by faculty from CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. The course offers 14 CE’s for a variety of health care professionals.
WithinReach hosted this course back in 2011 and it was so successful that we sold out with over 400 attendees. We’d love to see this great of a turnout again and we need your help in letting potential attendees learn about the conference. This year we are also thrilled to offer a selection of free pre-course workshops, on Tuesday, September 15th on topics including HPV, vaccine hesitancy, and the WA State Immunization Information System.
For more information on the Pink Book Course please visit http://www.withinreachwa.org/get-involved/events/the-pink-book-course/
To register for the Pink Book Course or the Pre-Course Workshops please visit: www.cdc2day.eventbrite.com.
Register to join hundreds of your colleagues for the year’s largest gathering of local health officials and public health professionals in the United States. NACCHO is the only national organization that hosts annual conferences that specifically address the needs and concerns of local health officials. The conference theme is “Envisioning the Future: Creating Our Path.”
NACCHO Annual 2015 will provide local public health professionals with the opportunity to learn and share innovative evidence-based practices, programs, services, systems, research, technologies, resources, tools, partnerships, and policies that they can apply in their local health departments and communities. The conference will help local public health professionals envision the future of public health in their communities and provide the essentials skills and strategies for creating that path to the future effectively and efficiently.
- Register before June 4, 2015 and take advantage of early bird prices and save $$!
- Reserve your hotel room early — room block will sell out. Book your hotel room by May 29, 2015 and save.
- Interested in exhibiting? Click here for more information.
Shot@Life is a campaign of the United Nations Foundation that educates and empowers U.S. supporters to advocate for global childhood immunization programs, and we were wondering if you all may be able to help promote our upcoming Champion Summit. Details are below, and we’re happy to provide any additional information. Many thanks for any support.
Every 20 seconds a child dies from a vaccine-preventable disease.
Standing up for childhood is easier than you may think. We invite you to apply to attend Shot@Life’s 2015 Champion Summit from March 2-4 in Washington, D.C.! Summit attendees will gain and refine the skills needed to be effective advocates within their communities and make their voices heard among policymakers to protect children worldwide by providing life-saving vaccines where they are needed most.
Applications close Jan. 9. ShotatLife.org/championsummit Anyone who applies today, Dec. 17, will receive $20 off the registration fee.